Wednesday, September 11, 2013

An Ode to My Brother

a study in matching Christmas sweaters, then and now.

This place! This place is unreal. Touristy, yes, but for good reason. Queenstown is a ski town through-and-through. Ski shops and rental stores line the streets and although it is nearing the end of the season as the temperatures start to warm up, it is not uncommon to hear people on the street making plans to go skiing with their buddies the way you might make plans to grab coffee with friend. My brother worked in a ski shop for quite a few years and although he hasn't had much of a chance to go snowboarding in recent years, he's an avid boarder. It's one of those things that makes him truly happy. I think of you with every ski shop I walk past, Brian! Along with your more typical ski slopes, there are several companies here in Queenstown that offer heli-skiing, where you take a helicopter ride to the more remote locations of the Southern Alps! (Are you dying yet, Bri? Have I convinced you to get here ASAP?) 

Although I haven't gone skiing or snowboarding in at least seven or eight years (or had any desire to do so because I am rarely never-to-never on speaking terms with w*nter) I've found myself tempted to hit the slopes here. It's probablydefinitely not happening because my travel insurance absolutely does not cover skiing or snowboarding accidents and that is a surefire way to be certain that Clumsy McClumserson over here would injure herself. 

My first and only thought right after "Holy beautiful" as I was flying over the Southern Alps on my way to Queenstown was "oh my gosh, Brian would be losing his mind!"

Wish you were here, bro! I would definitely, absolutely, 100 percent stop my winter-shunning to go boarding with you. :) Hop on the next plane here, yeah? You know you want tooooo. Promise you won't regret it!

Miss you, love you!
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make me happy.